Our major programs (to name a few) include cultural celebrations such as:
- Black History Month
- Dr. Martin Luther King Program and Unity Walk
- Juneteenth Celebration of Freedom
- “We Are One” multicultural celebration with exhibits, food, presentations, dance and musical performances from different parts of the world.
- Multicultural Summer Camp for youth
- The All American Girl Party highlighting cultures from around the world with craft activities, food sampling, history and literature, music and special presentations – all in conjunction with the ‘show and tell’ of the ever popular “American Girl Doll” displayed in native clothing.
The Library offers an array of art and exhibits to include highlights of many cultures from around globe.
Various Other Programs Available:
- Re-enactments of Black Americans of achievement and the URR.
- Cultural competency training
- Outreach to schools, colleges and the public at large
- Rental of facility
- Availability to borrow “black wings” exhibit
- Educational multicultural treasure chests
Black Wings Exhibit
The Black Heritage Museum and Multicultural Center is the only library or museum in the world awarded the Smithsonian’s Black Wings exhibit which features African American Aviators from early pioneers, to the esteemed WWII Red Tails- Tuskegee Airmen, and up to the Space Shuttle Program. Learn more about the exhibit here.